Pokemon, GTA V, MH4 among 15 most ‘interesting’ games of 2013 in Japanese survey
Japanese news site My Navi recently conducted a survey of 1,000 Japanese gamers. In this survey they asked them what they thought the most interesting game of 2013 was. This list, though coming from a small sample size, is pretty unique.
1. Pokemon XY (3DS) 17.8%
2. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) 16.1%
3. LINE Pocopan (Smartphone/Tablet) 10.8%
4. Puzzle and Dragons (Smartphone/Tablet) 10.3%
5. Super Mario 3D World 5.5%
6. Dragon Quest X (WiiU/PC) 4.7%
7.Senkan Collection (Browser) 4.5%
8. Gyakuten Saiban 5 (3DS) 4.3%
9. Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3/360) 4.2%
10. Nobunaga’s Ambition (3DS) 4.1%
11. Resident Evil 6 (PS3/360/PC) 3.9%
12. Mario & Luigi RPG 4 Dream Adventure (3DS) 3.2%
13. Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure All-Star Battle (PS3) 3.0%
14. Lightning Returns : Final Fantasy 13 (PS3/360) 2.8%
15. FIFA14 World Class Soccer (PS3/360) 2.3%
Runnerup : One Piece Musou 2 (PS3/Vita) 2.0%
Its no surprise to see Pokemon and Monster Hunter at the top with both games selling so well in the region. GTA V has had a much bigger impact than anyone expected in Japan for a series that clearly aims at American culture. Its also nice to see Ace Attorney crack the top ten as well.
This list doesn’t necessarily mean these are what the surveyed individuals think were the “best” games of the year, simply the most interesting. However you want to take that is up to you.
What do you think of this list of the most “interesting” games of 2013? Let us know in the comments below.